Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pintrest Project of the Week (August 19th-25th)

I had my graduate class yesterday and it lasted for a wopping 6 hours! So, after class I needed a little bit of detox time. I decided it was time to start my Pintrest Project of the week a little bit early! (I made the rules, therefore I can do my project a day early if I want!) I have several things that I have had pinned for about a year and it was time to check one of those off the list. This week's
is from A Beautiful Mess . This blog is absolutely amazing! I love Elsie's eclectic style and creativity all crammed into one very organized blog space.
 This project from Pintrest seemed pretty simple so I dove headfirst into my very own lyrical painted canvas! I started with a lovely little painted canvas that I bought at the thrift store.
After getting my canvas all set up I picked lyrics from my favorite Mumford & Sons song. For the lettering I used wooden letters from walmart craft section. ( I would suggest using stick on letters instead since my letters absorbed some of the paint). To get a straight line I used a straight edge to draw lines on the canvas before I glued down the letters.

Once I had my lines I used Tackyglue very sparingly on the back of the wood pieces to glue them to the canvas. You have to be careful about making sure you have enough space for the letters!

I let my letters settle a bit while I looked for spray paint. Sadly, my husband, who typically has every type of home improvement tool did not have spray paint. So, since it was about midnight I opted for craft paint.
I painted over the entire canvas and got into all the cracks and crevasses of the letters. (In retrospect I would have definitely used stick on letters because they would be flat when painting over and you wouldn't have to worry about them soaking up the paint. Also, spray paint is your best option for painting.)
And being the impatient woman that I am, I went ahead and took the letters off before the paint had dried...
 I like the outcome even though it is not even close to the original Pintrest project!
So, that's my project of the week! I now have another canvas that I have no room for in my house! :)
I am looking forward to next weeks project which may possibly be this little beauty...

I'll have to see if I can't get my crochet pattern translator, Valerie to help me figure out the patterns.
Looking forward to this week and my new work schedule and more graduate classes, and don't forget...
PUPPIES!
love, e

No comments:

Post a Comment