Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Home sweet home

In the past 4 months we have lived in 4 different places. First, our home in Birmingham then a short stay at my parents house then to a rental in Ohio and finally, our new home.
We are so thrilled to have found such a nice house right in the town where Josh works. When we looked at this house I wasn't so sure it was the place for us, but after a lot of paint, cleaning, and help from friends we were able to move in! 
Our work was definitely cut out for us. 
Our room 
Before:
After:
Grandma room
Before: 
After: 

Living room 
Before: 
After: 

Kitchen
Before: 
Yes, those are roosters. 

After: 
Some new appliances and sadly, the roosters have flown the coop. We plan on painting the cabinets, but didn't have enough time to get to it. We did get to rip up some pretty heinous carpet and guess what was underneath... Hardwood floors!  

We moved in on Saturday with the help of some strong men from the church and Josh's family. I'm still not used to this crazy weather, it actually started snowing while we were moving in. 
I have learned a lot from this move, hopefully soon I'll share some moving tid bits I have picked up and a post pictures of our rooms once they're decorated. 
I'm really excited to show off Judah's nursery !! We're getting closer and closer to DDay. T minus 80 days! 
I hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving and getting to spend some time with family. 
Love, Emily  














1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new house! The before pictures remind me of our first house, except instead of roosters our kitchen had orange/gold/green fruit wallpaper to match our lovely avocado green appliances :-) Ah, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete